Friday, August 20, 2010

Do you agree with the statements in this article, regarding marriage and love?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090702/ap_o





I absolutely agree, and have always followed this logic when it comes to my relationship with my husband...which is the reason why I will always remain faithful/married to my husband.





Because Y!A only allows a certain number of words, I've added just a few of the statements in the article below, just in case you cannot follow the link.


**************************************鈥?br>

';Their point is that love is not a feeling....It's a choice. It's an action.';





That world view, he says, ';divorces'; love from emotion, because ';feelings are fleeting and not to be trusted.';





';Love is something that is cultivated in the trenches of living a day-to-day relationship,'; says Bartowski. ';That is not a Hallmark moment.';





Regarding marriage: ';The emotions are the icing on the cake....They're not the cake.';





Witherington says feelings are a ';notoriously unreliable guide'; in personal relationships because they tend to change with time. Marriage is not just a commitment of will, he says, but a commitment before God.





';That's why, at a Christian wedding service, you don't say, 'I feel like' and 'I feel like.' You say, 'I will' and 'I will,' 'I do' and 'I do.'';





Culbertson told the AP he believes that ';everybody's vulnerable, and there are no boundaries on darkness.'; He does not dine alone with other women and keeps his office door open when he has a female visitor.





He says he has counseled many men ';who have fallen in the position that Mark's in.';





';Everybody starts with the same exact story: 'We got to be friends. We started talking. I didn't mean for anything to happen,''; he says. ';That's exactly where a sin begins.';





';It was innocent,'; he said of his first meeting on a beachside Uruguayan dance floor with Chapur. ';That was the beginning of sin right there. ... If you're a married guy, at the end of the day, you shouldn't be dancing with somebody else.';





The Rev. Gary Chapman agrees.





A senior associate pastor at Calvary Baptist Church in Winston-Salem, N.C., Chapman has been a marriage counselor for 35 years. He has written several books, most notably ';The Five Love Languages.';





Chapman says Sanford is in the throes of what he calls the ';in-love experience.';





';It's not that there is not emotion involved in love,'; he says. ';But the 'in-love' experience is super emotion. It's very euphoric. It doesn't take any effort. You're just pushed along by your emotions.';





That high doesn't last, Chapman warns. Rather than seek that high over and over, he counsels couples to stick with the commitment they've already made and learn how to ';keep love alive.';





A faded love can be reborn, he says. But it takes time 鈥?and work.





';You don't sit around waiting for the emotional love to come back.';Do you agree with the statements in this article, regarding marriage and love?
As much as I remember and admire the ';Hallmark Moments'; of my life, the article pretty accurately describes the difference between ';love'; and ';commitment.'; The latter has received quite a beating at the hands of the former in the past half century.





The people who are telling Sanford that he must ';follow his heart'; have it wrong. He promised before God, man, and his wife that he would be true to her and ';forsake all others.'; Go look up the term if you don't know what it means. It doesn't mean: ';...until a chick hotter than you comes around.';





Wrongful actions have a way of short-circuiting themselves anyway. Think of things from his Argentine mistress's point of view when he tells her he ';loves'; her and ';wants to be with her.'; He already said that once with witnesses watching, and he was apparently lying then. She's supposed to take it on faith that he's not lying now?





I am glad I'm not he. I've kept the vows I made, both times until death parted me from one, and will someday part me from the other, but then again I must be weird or something.Do you agree with the statements in this article, regarding marriage and love?
Me and my husband do not have opposite sex friends....it is not a good idea.








And everything you have posted is exactly the reason why.





Good question.
';Love is something that is cultivated in the trenches of living a day-to-day relationship.'; No truer words spoken. No other words needed.
Sounds about right. Of course that ';conservative'; type of thinking about the relationship between men %26amp; women is so ';not in'; and tends to be ignored by a large number of people. To each their own..
Ida banged the girl in uraguay and spent the next day drinking camparinhas on the beach, while thinking about how much better this was than the sexless vacations I take with my wife.
Ahhhh a man like me yes. I thought I was the only one...
yes
  • hairstyles for long hair
  • thinning hair
  • 1 comment:

    Silvia Soulez said...

    My world was falling apart. My mind, for some reason, wont let go of the memory of My Wife. I had a very big problem with my wife few months ago, that lead to her leaving me. All efforts to get her back proved abortive. one day while going through the internet i saw so many testimony of this great man called Dr.Goodluck and how he helped people with all kinds of problem, his advert was everywhere,. Although I never believed in spell casting, but I had no choice than to give him a try so i contacted Him, I was so desperate to have my wife back with me once again. So I did all he told me to do. He told me that my wife will come back to me in the next 17hours after the spell is completed. I was skeptical. He casted the spell for me and i was so anxious waiting to see or hear from her, it was just 14hours after the spell was done my wife called and said she was coming HOME and she was asking for forgiveness for her ever hurting me before…..It was a dream come through for me!!! that was how my family and relationship was save and our relationship is now stronger than ever.my advice to you out there facing same problem or even worst then mine cry no more and contact this great man called Dr Goodluck He is capable of handling any kind of problem.
    Contact him with his Email him at: goodluck05spellcaster@gmail.com
    Call or Whats-app him: +2348138654465
    website:http://drgoodluck.simplesite.com

    Post a Comment