Wednesday, August 18, 2010

What's your opinion on my poetry? Good, Bad, Okay, Horrid?

I want an honest opinion, no matter how brutal it may be. Here are just a few simple poems I've composed. Personally, I don't think I'm a good poet but I'd like to see what other people think:





I Once Had a Doll





I once had a doll


She had a pretty little face, perhaps the prettiest I had ever seen


She had beautiful clothing, yes indeed she did


Her skin was as ivory and smooth, oh how I longed to look like her


She also had pretty eyes, as green as a rich lady鈥檚 emerald


Yet something was wrong with my doll


Every night I would awake to weeping


Being only a mere child, I investigated, foolishly enough


I had seen my doll wiping her pretty face with her dainty hand


Blinded by curiosity, I had asked her what was wrong


She had looked at me, with her pretty green eyes, and then she grew still


At the time I hadn鈥檛 understood, so I merely shrugged my boney shoulders and lay my head back on my pillow


I once had a doll


After many years had gone by, I forgot about my pretty little doll


I was growing older, too old to play with dolls


Then one day, I was searching my closet for that pretty gown I had promised mother I would wear to her fancy dinner, and I found my doll


Her porcelain skin coated with dust and her once silky locks tangled


That is when I burst into tears for I realized that my pretty little doll was all alone this whole time


I threw her back into the closet, afraid my mother would hear my petty cries, I couldn鈥檛 risk being lectured yet again, oh no


I once had a doll


Many days have gone by since I have laid eyes on that pretty little doll


I moved from my mother鈥檚 house long ago


I have fallen in love


I have had a child


Indeed it has been a while


One rainy Sunday, on the walk back home from church, I saw my pretty little doll in the window of a store


I had gasped and grown still, my husband had asked me what had bothered me


I could only look at him and smile





and





Betwixt sun and moon


Craving for your love to come soon


Please come and rescue me my dear


Your affection is a gentle cure


Being the only one to redeem me


I鈥檓 dying can鈥檛 you see?


Roast my scorched heart in a pit filled with coal


Malevolence my soul


Even through all the malice


Lavish upon my salvation


Please


I鈥檇 rather you lie


Please


I won鈥檛 question your veracity anymore, believe me dear


All I want for you is to care for me


But it鈥檚 in the future, yet I can鈥檛 behold


Knowing it鈥檚 a fib





and finally,





Anguish slashes at souls


Moonlight like a soft lull





Hoping for it not to be real


Hearts may never heal





Like a silent scream


Like a sudden dream





Don鈥檛 cry


Don鈥檛 try





Evanesce away


Not getting any better today





Longing to lie


Wishing to die





Enveloped in darkness


Feeling heartless





Feelings of woe


Creeping so low





Fragile hearts shatter


Yet it won鈥檛 matter





For I鈥檓 the one bleeding


You鈥檙e the one who is leading





My life in to a dark holeWhat's your opinion on my poetry? Good, Bad, Okay, Horrid?
good

No comments:

Post a Comment