Friday, August 20, 2010

What are your thoughts about birth control (mainly toward Christians)?

I am 23 and have been married almost five years now. My husband and I have three beautiful children. A few months ago, my IUD fell out and since then we have been using the withdrawal method (unreliable, I know) and condoms. My husband and I both love the Lord and try to live like we are supposed to but we differ in opinion on the subject of BC. He thinks natural and external methods are okay but anything you put in your body with hormones and all, you are ';putting into the Lord's temple.'; And says whether we use pills, shots, or even get my tubes tied, if God wants us to have another child, it will happen and we should just trust in Him. No, he's not Catholic lol. I have been pregnant every other year since I was eighteen and, while I might want one more child in the future, I think it would be nice to take a little break and at least get my 2 yr old and 7 mo old out of diapers. Plus, children are expensive and theres college and insurance and food...Im exhausted just thinking about it! My mom said she'd take me to get BC pills and I really want to but I don't want to lie to my husband and take them behind his back. Any advice? I am so confused as to what I should do because I want to protect myself from having anymore children (for the time being) but don't want to disrespect my husband.I know God is not the author of confusion but I really cant decide what to do here. I feel I should add that I have brought up my concerns to him and he says that Im too concerned with the reasoning of man and that ';many are the plans of a mans heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails.'; He is really the sweetest man and has the best intentions at heart, I just think sometimes he misinterprets things or takes things too literally. I know the Bible doesn't specifically address birth control but: What are some of your opinions on BC and what are your suggestions on how to deal with my situation? Please don't be rude. Respect our beliefs just as I would respect yours.What are your thoughts about birth control (mainly toward Christians)?
';And says whether we use pills, shots, or even get my tubes tied, if God wants us to have another child, it will happen and we should just trust in Him.';





In which case why is he objecting to BC pills? Like he said, if the Lord really wants you to have a child, it won't matter, right?





And as far as polluting ';the Lord's temple,'; does he drink? Smoke? Get immunizations? Take asprin for pain? take antibiotics when he is sick? If so, how is that different from BC pills?





Finally, it's your body. I think you're being very rational in wanting to wait before having a third child. Does he agree you should hold off on having a child? If he doesn't, then all this sounds like a smokescreen for pressuring you into popping out another baby. If he does, he needs to understand that obviously there are things you need to do to work toward that goal.





I agree that you shouldn't take the pills behind his back. That would be seen as dishonest, and you shouldn't have that in a marriage. However, as my marriage therapist told me, stop being afraid of disappointing people. It's your body. You don't need his permission to take the pills. Alternatively, refuse to have sex. You're exhausted. You shouldn't feel cornered into having what is supposed to be a bundle of joy! (which is what will happen if you have sex without precautions) He'll probably reconsider the logic of BC very quickly!What are your thoughts about birth control (mainly toward Christians)?
Birth controls pills are abortifacients, which is why many Christians, even ones who believe in artificial birth control, are opposed to their use.





God bless!


Dave
Ok 1 it's not up to god if you have a child or not.


2 It's great if you just want to have fun.





xD





GL.





P.S


I believe in god, not religion.
Do the right thing for the right reason.


Your body is in your mind.
I think you should use condoms and pray that you don't get pregnant.
Honestly, you have 3 kids, you've ';been fruitful and multiplied'; already. If it saves you some worry go ahead and take the pills, you're not abusing your body just trying to ease your mind (very important for a parent!). If God really wants you to have that fourth kid no chemicals will stop Him.
Respectfully, it is your body and your choice. Your husband may be the best man in the world but you are the only one who can be responsible for you. It sounds as though you already know the right course of action.
First, give that enter key a work out. Use paragraphs.





Now, I'm not really religious, but just because BC is unnatural, doesn't make it against God. The internet is unnatural. Also, if God is all powerful and wants you pregnant, he'll just make the condom break, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment