Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Overwhelmed with so many instructions for my one year old- your advice/opinions please.?

Well, since I'm overwhelmed with all I'm being told to do, naturally I choose to ask more people and get more opionions-LOL.





My 12 month old is very social and not stiff at all, so we aren't too worried about autism or CP. She cannot get to a sitting position on her own. She also doesn't crawl, creep, or pull to a stand by herself either. She can stand and hold onto something. Her fine motor skills seem pretty good too. We were referred to Early Intervention by dr today. A lady who works there that also goes to my church showed me how to help my daughter practice crawling, walking, etc. She cries and cries during it all. It breaks my heart.





Also, I'm told she is drinking way too much milk. She loves her bottle. She wants about 24 oz or more a day. She is crying and crying today bc I limited it. Taking away bottle went awful too. I gave it back. I finally mixed about 6 oz warm water with 2 oz of milk and she drank it. She's in there cranky with her dad right now. She is also teething, but hasn't been that bad. I feel it's certainly hunger. They told me to keep offering her the same food too. I really don't mind if she turns out to be a picky eater (or I say that now as I hear her wailing). I am wondering if all this isn't too much to be putting her through at once. My husband also keeps making me doubt myself bc he thinks I shouldn't try to get her to crawl 30 minutes after she's been up. He said she is probably crying bc she's not fully awake. Phooey on that. She gets us up early and doesn't want to go back to bed. She wants to play. I think her getting up at 5:30 when time just fell back was pretty ok in my book.





Any wisdom on decreasing milk? or delayed motor skills?





OH, and PS, they told me to try and not show her a bottle until she has had some breakfast first thing in morning. She is totally NOT used to this at all. She normally has some puffs around 45 minutes after her morning bottle, then she has breakfast around 9:00 am.Overwhelmed with so many instructions for my one year old- your advice/opinions please.?
My boys always woke up and had a bottle first..always ..leave her alone! listen to your heart ..yes too many things at once let her have her bottle..she does not have to crawl..and she will walk when she is ready.I feel so bad for you and your angel! just let her have her milk in her bottle do not force her to crawl and let her walk when she is ready! m y son was in early intervention and they helped alot but i followed my heart when it came to certain things like his bottle and not forcing him to crawl..Overwhelmed with so many instructions for my one year old- your advice/opinions please.?
Well I don't have any experience with children, but have you taken her in for a medical examination? If she cries when trying to crawl or walk, maybe it causes her physical pain rather than being a developmental thing considering she can stand and hold onto things.





The milk thing could also be a diabetic/thyroid thing, or to do with teething. Will she drink juice, or eat really soft foods like mashed potato or apple sauce?





Getting your kid through teething and completely onto solids is going to take a lot of patience and perseverance. Good luck.
  • hairstyles for long hair
  • thinning hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment