Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Men, I need your honest opinions...?

Before my husband and I got married, he had a female friend that he considered leaving me for because she was smaller than me in almost every way. Needless to say, he had issues with my weight. It tore me to pieces and I told him I was leaving and probably wouldn't come back. He said that he was stupid and wanted me over her, and after almost two weeks of being away from him, I started to believe him and I came back. I know he really liked her though, and was probably starting to fall in love with her, he told me this. I just believed that he loved me more. The problem is that I still think about that quite a bit and I just wonder if he really meant what he said about loving me more and realizing what he was losing. Sometimes I just think that he chose me because he knew how much I loved him and that he wasn't sure he would get that from her. So I'm wondering, do you guys really think that it's possible that he really did realize what he was losing and got over his issues or do you think he secretly wishes he would have let me go? If you have ever been in a similar situation, can you share? I just know that looks mean A LOT to men, even if they say they don't. I've never met a guy who was any different. I need answers from a man's point of view because I'm sure that if he felt differently, he wouldn't really tell me because of how much it would hurt.Men, I need your honest opinions...?
Time to pack it up and move on.Men, I need your honest opinions...?
Have you even lost any weight since you got together?


He may have chosen you because you might forgive an indiscretion,


and the other one wouldn't.





He could still see her on the side with no problem .


If you had all these doubts you shouldn't have gotten together.


Yes men are like dogs in heat.
WELL IM NO MAN, BUT IVE BEEN IN UR TYPE OF SITUATION BEFORE AND HONESTLY I THINK HE REALIZED WHAT HE LOST AND NOW HE NEEDS YOU MORE THAN EVER, FORGIVE BUT NEVER FORGET. YOU NEVER NO WHAT YOU GOT TILL YOU LOSE IT, HES JUST REALLY LUCKY THAT HE REALIZED IT AND UR BACK IN HIS LIFE CUZ U CULD OF NEVA WENT BACK 2 HIM...UR CHOICE..HOPE I HELPED
He settled for you. You ignored the signs. I'm sure he wishes he had her, especially if you're still as heavy or heavier or haven't made any effort at all to improve your looks and health.
You answered your own question!!! Move on





If you continue to do what you've been doing then you will continue to get what you've been getting!
Um, just leave. You're already in a tough position and it would be mindless to stay after all of this.
Honestly, us men are dogs. We will be with any woman if we think we can get away with it. If you want to not worry so much try Jenny Craig, I mean look what it did for Valerie Bertinelli.
My ex wasn't the slimest, most beautiful person. But I loved her soooooooooooo much, and part of that was that she loved me too.





I met other slimmer girls, and even once had a weird dream where I had to choose my ex over a girl who was physicalliy more attractive. In my dream I chose my ex. Weird dream that; it was fairly emotional!





So, us guys may be more attuned to physical features, but they're by no means all we think about. To be honest, I couldn't be with an attractive girl with a flat personality, unless it was a purely physical relationship.
She's the one that got away.


Most guys learn to lie about it.





';So I'm wondering, do you guys really think that it's possible that he really did realize what he was losing and got over his issues or do you think he secretly wishes he would have let me go?';





That will entirely depends on how your marriage is going.


If things are good (from /his/ perspective, not yours!) then he will regard it as her-loss. If things are bad, he's going to fantasize.


The key thing to understand is that its a *fantasy* because things are bad.





Real-life is not one-true-love; I'm sorry.





He should have limited contact with her never be 'alone' with her.


You should talk to him about; you're married now, he made his decision and he choose you.
I have always battled my weight and most of the time, it's a losing battle for me. My husband met and married me when I was overweight and has never made me feel less attractive because of it. When I've lost weight he's wonderfully supportive and is proud of my accomplishments. When I gain weight he NEVER makes me feel bad for it. He still tells me I am beautiful. Personally, I wouldn't stay with someone like your husband who is so judgemental about appearance. He's sadly superficial. It would have been better for your self esteem if you had walked away from him back then. Any man who is that superficial isn't much of a man in my opinion.





Ignore the person above me...that was just insensitive and really really nasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment