Friday, August 20, 2010

Mommies, do I continue school or stay at home?

I have a dilemma.


I am currently in nursing school. The school I attend is about 1.5 hours away from where my husband works. We would ideally love to live where he works, but I have checked out all the options of nursing school and where I am attending is the best bet. After the baby is born, I will have 3 semesters until I am done.


Now, I know I've heard everyone say that if they could stay home with their babies, they would.


What, in your opinion, should I do?


I want to finish nursing school, I see it as something I need to do for my family. I am getting this degree so that I will always have something to fall back on. But at the same time, I want to stay home. How do I juggle? I'm so stressed!Mommies, do I continue school or stay at home?
As a mother of a 22 month old and a 9 month old, I say you need to finish school. You said that you feel like you need to finish school for your family, but I think you need to finish it for yourself as well. Once you finish you will feel so good about yourself and accomplished.





I stay at home with my children, but I am also finishing up my Master's in Counseling. It is hard at time trying to juggle everything. You just have to learn to balance everything and make sure you give your all to your children as well as your classes. Making sure your instructors know what you are going through is also helpful. I have to tell you that sometimes school is the only break I have from life, even though I am going to class and still doing something kind of like work. It is almost a social out to the life of a baby. I remember after my 2nd baby was born on a Thursday, I was doing homework that Sunday.





I guess I am trying to say that you sound like you will probably regret it later if you don't finish. Just find that perfect balance for you and definitely pursue your dreams and aspirations. You're a woman, of course you can do it all!!! :)Mommies, do I continue school or stay at home?
You will have to do your clinics after your last 3 classes, so things will drag out a while. If you really want to finish you should or you will probably regret it later. Better to have the degree and have a career to go to if you decide not to stay home after a while then waste all the schooling as it only is good for so many years before you'd have to start the program all over again. Id say go through with school.
I would finish school. I'm also in nursing school right now. My kids are 2 and 7 and I wish all the time I would have finished school before they were born or when they were a lot younger. I feel like they need me so much more than even when they were infants and I feel torn all the time because of the time I have to spend studying and working. I would have been a lot easier just to get it over with.
Get certified as CNA while you're at home raising your children. They make fairly decent money, and any experience you'd gain as a nursing assistant would help you get a job later as a nurse after you finish your degree. It takes only about a month to get certified as a CNA and most technical colleges offer courses, as well as some nursing homes.
Why not get your degree slowly, one or two classes at a time? I wish I had done that while working full time. I didn't have kids until well after I graduated, but I wish I hadn't been in such a hurry to get my degree.
Go to school! Finish this path. Sometimes sacrafices are made for the better part of it. However think about all the times that you will have to miss while you are in school and your child is growing.
by all means you need to finish school. you can always find a nursing job where you can work the hours and days you want.
Have you thought about a online school? It's a great option if you want to stay home.

No comments:

Post a Comment