Monday, August 16, 2010

Please help me with translation of letter to parents of my turkish love.?

I am writing you this letter to introduce my self and my intentions. I would very much like to meet you and introduce myself in person. In September I visited turkey and met your wife and your other daughter and her husband. I was very pleased to have met them.


I hope with this letter I can explain my intentions and tell you that I am serious and want to get to know Caglan better. Also I hope to explain that I know how difficult this situation.


In 2008 I met your daughter for the first time, when I was on holiday in Kumkamp. From the moment I met her, I could not forget her. On my holiday in 2009 I met her again and I fell in love.


We talked a lot during my visit. We talked with translation books, internet on phone and translation from a friend. We had a language barrier, but even though it was difficult to speak. We tried, and we could communicate. Even though we could not speak, I still liked her very much.


I went back to Holland. We communicated every day, and my love grew stronger. With the help of internet, communication got better and better. Caglan started to learn english and I started to learn Turkish. At that moment I did not know yet if we could overcome the difficulties. We discussed differences in culture, in rules, and in language. We know these differences will be difficult. But still, the love grew bigger.


In September I visited Turkey to meet Caglan and to meet part of her family. I stayed for 3 days, and was very happy to have met this part of her family (mother, Sister and brother in law).


As Caglan told you, I am divorced and have a son (5 years old). I owned a company with head office in Amsterdam for 10 years, I am a manager in large organizations (ING, IBM, ABN Amro, Fortis, Dutch Government etc.) I am successful in my work, and see a bright future for myself.


I would very much like to discover the possibility to share this future with your daughter. However, it is very difficult to really get to know each other because of the distance between us. In a normal starting relationship you can slowly build the time you spend with each other. You can get to know each other better and better. For us this is very difficult. For now we can see each other only on msn. We do this every day. But I have come to a point that I would like to have her in my life for a (short) while to really get to know her. I also have a son to think about. I would very much like to spend Christmas with her and my son. I have told my family about CagIan, and I would like to introduce her to my family.


I understand that in the Turkish culture it is difficult for a woman to spend time with a man without being married. I also understand that as parents it is very difficult to let your child go to another country to meet someone you have never seen. I also understand that Holland is a very free country, and that there could be fear for bad influences. I can not take away this fear. I can only explain that I am very responsible with my life and my son. I will do anything to show this to you. I will answer any questions you have. Unfortunately because of my son it is not possible for me to come to Turkey soon.


As I tried to explain, for me and for my son It is very important to get to know Caglan. I would like her to be a part of our life for a while. I would like her to come to Holland for a week or two weeks. I hope you understand. There is no other way to get to know each other then to spend some time together. It is unfortunately not possible to do this in a “normal” way.


I would very much like to spend this time together, because I fell in love with Caglan. Despite all the difficulties. I know it takes much effort to start a relationship with your daughter because of all these difficulties. I did not chose to fall in love. This happened. It is not possible to control the heart. And my heart tells me, I love your daughter. I can not see in the future, but I do know that I really want to be with your daughter. If we want to make this relationship work, we need to take a chance, we need to try.


If we spend time together and we continue our love, I would like to spend the rest of my life with her. I would like to share our lives together. But before we make those choices, we need to know each other.


I do not know any other way to make this possible, then to write you this letter.


I hope you can support us, I am willing to do anything I can to show you who I am and how serious I am. Please give us this chance to discover our love.Please help me with translation of letter to parents of my turkish love.?
Merhaba,


Bu mektubu kendimi size tanıtmak ve niyetimi belirtmek amacıyla yazıyorum. Sizinle yüzyüze görüşmek ve kendimi şahsen tanıtmak isterdim. Eylül ayında Türkiyede oldum ve sizin eşiniz, kızınız ve onun eşi ile tanışdım ve bu tanışmadan çok memnunluk duydum.


Bu mektupla niyetimin ciddi olduğunu ve Çağlan`ı daha yakından tanımak istediğimi size açıklayabilmeyi umuyorum. Aynı zamanda durumun ne kadar karmaşık olduğunu anladığımı bilmenizi de istiyorum.


2008 yılında Kumkamp`da tatildeyken kızınızı ilk kez gördüm. Ve gördüyüm andan da onu unutamadım. 2009 yılında tatildeyken yeniden buluşduk ve ona aşık oldum.


Türkiyeye geldiğimde bir-birimizle çok konuştuk. Sözlükle konuştuk, internette, telefonda ve arkadaşlardan tercüme yardımı alarak konuştuk. Aramızda bir dil engeli vardı ve bundan dolayı da konuşmak çok zordu. Bütün bunlara rağmen, çalıştık ve iletişim kurmayı başardık. Aynı dilde konuşamamıza rağmen ondan çok hoşlandım.


Sonra Hollandaya geri döndüm. Her gün konuşuyorduk ve benim aşkım büyüyordu. İnternetin de yardımı ile iletişim daha da iyileşmeye başladı. Çağlan ingilizce, ben de türkçe öğrenmeye başladık. O zaman ben henüz bütün bu zorlukların üstesinden gelip gelemeyceğimizi bilmiyordum. Kültürde, kurallarda ve dilde olan farklılıklardan konuştuk. Biliyorduk ki bu farklılıkları yenmek kolay olmayacak. Ama yine de aşkımız büyüyordu.


Eylülde Türkiyeye Çağlanı ve ailesinin bir kısmını görmeye geldim. Üç gün kaldım ve onlarla buluşduğuma çok sevindim.


Çağlan`ın da size söylediği gibi ben karımdan ayrıldım ve 5 yaşında bir oğlum var. On yıl boyunca merkez ofisi Amsterdam`da bulunan bir şirketim oldu. Büyük kuruluşlarda (ING, IBM, ABN Amro, Fortis, Hollanda hükumeti ve s.) menejerlik yapıyorum. İşimde başarılıyım ve kendim için parlak bir gelecek görüyorum. Bu geleceği kızınızla paylaşabilme olasılığının ne kadar olduğunu bilmeyi çok istiyorum. Ama aramızda olan mesafeden dolayı birbirimizi gerçekten çok iyi tanıyabilmemiz zor. Normal bir ilişkide, beraber geçirdiğiniz zaman birbiriniz daha iyi tanımak için yeterlidir. Bizim için bu çok zor. Şimdilik biz birbirimizi sadece MSN`de görebiliyoruz. Ama öyle düşünüyorum ki, bizim kısa bir süre de olsa birbirimize yakın olmamız Çağlanı daha iyi tanımama yardımcı olurdu. Yılbaşı tatilini onunla ve oğlumla beraber geçirmeyi çok istiyorum. Aileme Çağlandan bahsettim ve Çağlanı da onlarla tanışdırmak istiyorum.


Türk kültüründe bir kadının bir erkekle evli olmadan vakit geçirmesinin zor olduğunu biliyorum. Ve anlıyorum ki, ebeveyn olarak sizin için kızınızı yabancı bir ülkeye hiç görmediğiniz bir adamla buluşmak için buluşmaya göndermek çok zor. Hollandanın çok serbest bir ülke olmasından dolayı kötü etkilerden de çekinme ihtimalinin olduğunu biliyorum. Bu korkunuzu gideremem. Sadece şunu söyleyebilirim ki ben hayatım ve oğlum için sorumluluğumun bilincindeyim. Bunu size gösterebilmek için her şeyi yapacağım. Tüm sorularınızı yanıtlayacağım. Maalesef, oğlumdan dolayı yakın bir zamanda Türkiyeye gelmem mümkün değil.


Açıklamaya çalışdığım gibi ben ve oğlum için Çağlanı tanımak çok önemli. Onun bir süreliğine bizimle kalmasını çok isterdim. Bİr veya iki haftalığına Hollandaya gelmesini isterdim. Umarım anlayışla karşılarsınız. Birbirimizi yakından tanımamız için beraber vakit geçirmekden başka yol yok. Maalesef bunun “normal” yolla yapılması imkansız.


Gerçekten bu zamanı beraber geçirmeyi çok istiyorum, çünkü Çağlana aşığım. Tüm zorluklara rağmen. Bu ilişkinin zorluklardan dolayı çok zahmetli olduğunu biliyorum. Ama aşık olmayı ben seçmedim. Sadece aşık oldum. Kalbi kontrol etmek mümkün değil. Ve kalbim bana kızınızı sevdiğimi söylüyor. Geleceği göremem ama çok iyi biliyorum ki, gerçekten hayatımı kızınızla paylaşmak istiyorum. Eğer bu ilişkinin yürümesini istiyorsak, bir şansa sahip olmamız lazım, denememiz lazım. Eğer beraber vakit geçirirsek ve aşkımızı devam ettirirsek, hayatımın kalanını onunla geçirmek isterim. Hayatı beraber paylaşmak istiyorum. Ama bu seçimleri yapmazdan önce birbirimizi tanımamız gerek. Bunu yapmak için size bu mektubu yazmaktan başka bir yol bilmiyorum.


Sizin bizi destekleyeceğinizi umuyorum, Size kim olduğumu ve ne kadar ciddi olduğumu


göstermek için herşeyi yapmaya hazırım. Lütfen aşkımızı keşfetmek için bu şansı bize verin.

No comments:

Post a Comment